Saturday 5 May 2012

Own a 'McDougall'!

Here's to meaningless anecdotes...


It turns out my family may have been producing school atlases in the 1900s (the very thing I'm studying). Check out the school atlas for American schools: "McDougall’s [my name] Geographies of the Continents" (1903). McDougall’s Educational Company was a publisher in Edinburgh (where I now live). I would be somewhat exuberant if I was now writing about the atlases my great great grandfather once produced.


It gets better (in my opinion). The inside cover of this atlas tells us it was ‘the property of Lindsey County Council’. My sister is called Lyndsey (if only the ‘y’ was there!). 


This is all very fun and meaningless isn't it?


For all you McDougall enthusiasts, there’s an opportunity to purchase this atlas for under £4! Own a 'McDougall'

No comments:

Post a Comment